CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Fantasy.

The car door slammed. I saw Teaser pull his jacket up under his chin and give a little shiver.

"Are you cold? The heat should kick on soon."

"I'm okay." he said. I saw a thin line of smoke issue between his parted lips. "So, where is this party?"

"Right down the road." I buckled my seat belt and watched him slip his seat belt over his shoulder and close it with a satisfying click. I turned the keys in ignition and revved the engine. Game on.

We backed out of his driveway and turned onto his street. It was a dark night in December, and the trees were covered with a delicate blanket of frost. We passed the main road and turned into a side one.

"Are you sure you know where you're going? I've never been on this road before." He said.

I smiled. We continued on through the dark. My headlights glinted off the snow, which was steadily falling outside the car.

"We're pretty far out". He remarked.

"Yeah, we've been on this road for a good ten miles, but we've got about ten more to go."

"Look out!" A deer ran into the road, and I swerved to miss it. I skidded on black ice and drove off the shoulder into the woods. "Oh my god. Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He looked at me. "Try to restart the car."

I jiggled the keys in the ignition but it was to no avail.

"No good?" He asked.

"Nope." I looked at him. "It's pretty cold."

He leaned forward and gently kissed me on the lips.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Keeping warm."

"Back seat." I ordered. "Now."

0 comments: